PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Interviews
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2001, 08:17
cabinboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile,

I also heard the same thing " internally " about QF recruitment not being until end of year 2002, it's all a bit crazy at the moment. A close mate of mine who I work with at QF was waiting for 5 months after his 3rd interview to hear something, 2 weeks ago he got his rejection letter after 5 months of not knowing a thing, it's pretty depressing really...But...what can you do !

As for Australian Airlines there will be no recruitment until the " proposal " is approved by QF for the low cost operation, the management team at Australian are still putting the proposal together and when it does come time for the recruitment it will be done by Australian and not Qantas ( I belive the proposal is to be submitted by end october ). I am also told that QF staff will not be able to just simply transfer across to AA as it a seperate airline but just owned by QF - similar to Air NZ and Freedom Air in that you can't just transfer.

Maybe you and I should pack our little brisvegas butts up and try for cabin crew with emirates or something ! It seems VB don't want me either, although.. I was interviewed a long long time ago and things have changed since then with my experience.....but I just can't score a second chance for another interview !

Cabinboy