PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AusFIC - Could THIS be the beginning of the demise of???
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 06:55
JackoSchitt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
****su,

Very good points and I concur with them all. This whole exercise of the AusFIC review is about some shiny bum pulling out a plum and saying “what a good boy am I” to TFN.

FOKKER,

ICAO can frown all they like but as stated in a previous post, ICAO are guidelines, simply register a difference and move on.

BN FIS are being made redundant - VRs are on the table as of last Friday afternoon. AusFIC services are being moved into/onto ATC and FIS will be fully provided by ATC on area frequencies if you don’t do anything to stop it.

HazIDs and SCARDS and stuff are already done that say it can be so!

Don’t get me wrong here. I’m on your side!

I think the whole review is a fraud of monumental proportions and “the FIS” should continue to be a separate entity with staff truly multi-endorsed across a range of functions (Flightwatch Domestic HF, Flightwatch International HF, Flightwatch VHF, Briefing, NOTAM office, Communications Centre).

Divide it up an spread it between centres, ATCs, FDCs and Techs and you have no economies of scale or flexible staffing options.

Given that BN FIS is gooooone…..you will not have the ability to get VFR crap/briefing/traffic off you frequencies coz there ain’t no where for them to go!

I don’t know what the answer is on this. If ATC don’t want the full FIS workload on their area frequencies, then I guess they had better start speaking out against the proposals proper….but will they???

Tobzalp,

A lot of those people do things for you like arrange your salary sacrifice benefits, pay your salary, maintain facilities that you need to control stuff, plan and fill your rosters, plan and conduct your training, support your ATC functions and ensure that your daily duties complies with legislation and regulation in all its forms etc, etc, etc. Comments like the one you have made are really un-warranted.

Last edited by JackoSchitt; 2nd Oct 2006 at 06:56. Reason: I carn't farking spull.