PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - request info on TAMAIR
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 05:15
Tinstaafl

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In the early- to mid-80's Jan Newby & his son, john, were owners of New England Aviation & Charter (NEATAC) in Armidale. They became involved in some sort of affilliation or business arrangement with some other parties and were eventually forced out or chose to leave. Can't remember the exact details.

Jan retired in the 90's (I think) & John became the CP/CFI. At some point they set up shop in Inverell.

I finished my UPPL with Jan in '84 having commenced training elsewhere then moved house. A really nice bloke.

Next I bumped into anything Tamair related was when I was CP/CFI of a small start-up school & charter firm at Quirindi. Did a couple of DG courses there & the like. Got to know Judy McKenzie as well. She was instructing at Tamair at the time. Still send her chrissy cards. A really good sport, she is.

Don't think Bill Bryant will ever move. While I was working at BAe/Ansett I hired his C310 once to take my parents & gran. to my brother's wedding in Vic.

That was some time around the time of the Metro crash during a night training sorty. Was that Tamair's beginning-of-the-end or the final straw, I wonder?