PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF ATC Officer
Thread: RAF ATC Officer
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2006, 03:35
Bra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my current situation:

I am an energy expending 19 year old, A-levels under the belt, University place sorted. I am currently undertaking a gap year in the USA, and I return in August next year. Uni begins next September for me (Broadcast Journalism - Uni of Gloucestershire).

Already failed selection with NATS at the initial testing stage, still I can't complain because it was a great all expenses paid trip to London! Controlling is really what I want to do, I would give anything for the opportunity. Aviation is my life, I was lucky enough to gain sponsorship to get my NPPL last year.

I plan to re-apply for NATS, and also give Eurocontrol a shot. Ideally I would love to be controlling in Civvy street. If I was lucky, I will leave Uni to go straight in. However, if I can't get anywhere with this I may try for the RAF. I am an action/energy thirsty chap and am attracted to some of the opportunities that the force has to offer.

That's pretty much my life in a nutshell. If the above plans fail, I'm becomming a busker!

Bra.