PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 1st Oct 2006, 22:41
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Pilot

I'll go for the 777-236

What you say is true but which ever way you dress it up or down you pay for the TR, directly or indirectly.
I am currently at the flight training stage, should be ready for the airlines by January / Feburary, would I consider doing a TR before getting a job? a very subjective question I guess, and very person specific, I would have to think long and hard before I did, at this moment in time if I thought there was a high possibility of a job afterwards then yes I probably would, but every person's situation is different, I am 33, I have to try to enhance my chances of gaining employment every which way I could, and if I thought a TR was the way forward then I would do it, and very begrudgingly so, what I wouldn't do is lay my house on it, that's a very risky thing to do, I'd have to make sure I was comfortable with spending the kind of money it would cost.
As for what type, well, this would depend on who I was targeting, it would have to be the 737 or 320, I'd love to get a Q400 TR as I'd love to fly this bird period, but if I couldn't land a job with a certain Exeter based outfit then I'd be up sh*tstreet without a paddle, after hearing a few things at the seminar I'd have to opt for the 737NG rating, but that's just my opinion

Dean

Last edited by Deano777; 1st Oct 2006 at 23:44.