PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to use the scanner
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2006, 21:22
eyeofthebeholder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I think the previous post you are refering to was in reply to another user on the forum who was asking about how to use his scanner. I don't really regard myself as a spotter - although I have a great interest in potentially learning to fly - eg the reason why I purchased the scanner in the first place to get clued up on comms.

I haven't actually had the scanner for that long, and no - I didn't realise this was a big No, No onboard aircraft - otherwise I wouldn't have used it.

Anyway - as soon as I saw the information about it I put it away - and hence the reason why I have asked the question on the forum on why it is not allowed. It is for security reasons or it is actually to do with disruption to the a/c's systems??

I have seen other people within airport lounges using scanners with no issue and obviously they are used by the pilots. I'm sure if security saw it as a problem while going through the security they would have picked by up on it anyway - this is at a time of high security remember!

Anyone know on why its not actually allowed would be grateful.

Regards

Adam.