PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatics, the PFA and the PPL
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2006, 17:33
Confabulous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerobatics, the PFA and the PPL

Some time ago I posted about giving up PPL training and defecting to powered paragliders. So much for that - tales abound of broken props, legs, arms and backs. Compared to that, a Cessna is as safe as an armchair.

So I'm going back to PPL training, but not until I have the money to go all the way. Now, I confess to a love of throwing an aircraft around the sky (in a controlled fashion), and if it's done in a PA28 I'll eventually drill a big hole in the ground.

So I'm going to buy myself an entry level aerobatic aircraft once I finish the PPL, get a few hours under the belt plus a taildragger endorsement and aero instruction, then buy it. It's got to be PFA, it's got to be well under the £10,000 mark and be cheap to run (and maintain). I'll fly that for a couple hundred hours and then go on to a Pitts S1S or T, and maybe upgrade to an S2A/B after a thousand hours or so.

The question is, what would suit as an initial aerobatic a/c that fits the above criteria? Shares are out as I'm in Ireland and aero a/c are fairly rare here. Thanks guys.

Niall

Last edited by Confabulous; 1st Oct 2006 at 19:42.