PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Questions - the Master Thread! (Merged)
Old 1st Oct 2006, 15:23
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scroggs, if one signs on to work 850hrs (thats still an option right? or have i been misled?) how much extra is that? Just 16.66 X 100? or more?
Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want to come to Virgin - with all that that implies for lifestyle etc. - and then choose to work as hard as you would at BA or similar! However, it takes all sorts... As you can probably gather, I do not work extra hours! My contract says 750 hours, and that's what I work - the rest of my life is mine to do with as I choose. So I'm not the best person to ask.

That said, as far as I am aware the decision to apply to work more (or less) than the contracted 750 hours must be made before the start of the rostering year (July-June). What the remuneration is, I have no idea. If you get in to the airline, you'll have plenty of time to study the various pay agreements and protocols during your training and probationary phases.

Scroggs