PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia flight college
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2006, 13:54
pilot-320
JETA1 ADDICTED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also during the hours building phase is it possible to take an aircraft away from base for a few days at a time to do a tour maybe to some of the neighbouring contries?

CAPTAINYONDER hello matey! You have raised some good questions here and i will answer from my experience. Depending on our ages us people usually worry for different things... i dont know ur age but by saying it worries u the demografic of the school and leaving friends and family behind i can guess. Listen it is always fine and amzing when people sacrify things for some periods to achieve their goals! Six months sounds like a very long time but since u start ur ATPL ground for example u'll be begging for more time! social life here in Greece is well known to be variable due to the tourists and with variety due to the Greek culture. That happens all year round and us the students here at the school gathering together and always trying to find new and more things to do!! ( always as a team) no matter the background colour or age we are alla here for the same reasons and we need friends.. mind now that friendships like this will remain for the rest of ur life and thats exceptionally good!! If not used to that though by meeting new cultures characters and way of living will broaden ur mind u will be more experienced and as for ur future it will help to acclimatize anywhere as evey pilot;s life depends on that! give it a go u wont lose anything if u come here in greece south africa new zealand or america u will gain the same experience.
About EGNATIA we are mixture of english . other europeans middle easterns greeks and many more!! i have never faced a situation of a problem or conflict ! everyone is happy and everyone is willing to meet and make new friends.
About letting u go abroad the answer it's simply a NO. It was one of my queries when asked about the school before joining and i received a very clear answer.. mainly it has to do with security and with crossiing boundaries! its everything more clear to me now as i understood the procedures we need to follow prior leaving the country with a private aircraft. Anyway i guess that u can send an email to the directors and they will expalin more analytically for u! Bear in mind though that greece has smth about 50 airports we can use and some of them with just Amazing scenery!!! it will be enough to satisfy even the more demanding person!! i say again that i can show u photos from my personal gallery and i can send via email!! at the same time and as im not a pc expert i found out how to post some fotos here by usin g some foto hosting websites. I will do my best to achieve that in the next few days!!!

TAKE CARE MY FRIEND AND GOOD LUCK WITH UR DECISIONS AND FUTURE!!

VIC