PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AusFIC - Could THIS be the beginning of the demise of???
Old 1st Oct 2006, 01:52
peuce

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess my post was directed at ATCs in general (you were the closest at hand), who :
  1. Don't appear to have much sympathy for others loosing their jobs around them
  2. Mistakingly believe that it will never happen to them
  3. Provide the pool of Managers who make these crazy decisions
  4. Mistakingly believe that, just because it's not rational, that it won't happen i.e. "we're already overloaded so they won't give us extra work"
  5. Did nothing to help stem the slaughter (once again ... "it won't happen to me")

My personal position is that it is phlosophically wrong to add FIS-on-request/Sartime creation,amendment,cancellation to the ATC platform. I want the controllers looking to see who is going to hit me ... not "have I written down that blokes flight plan correctly?".

However, I have a sufficient grasp of reality to accept that just because it's wrong, doesn't mean they won't bring it in.

I envisage, that in the long term, they will relegate the service to seperate consoles, meaning more controllers required ... at twice the salary. But they did get a short term efficiency ... that's what counts.