PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2006, 00:17
flitegirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, hostessvb. That's some pretty harsh comments there yourself. You sound very bitter and twisted - perhaps you are another VB Qantas wanna-be. There's always so many VB crew applying for the Flying Kangaroo. In actual fact we work pretty hard when it comes to service. Jump on an 8 hour daylight sector on Qantas and you will see the crew are pretty much non stop. We have lots to get through....two full meal services on a jumbo jet is just some of it. Not to mention the attention to detail required in business and first class. I've only flown VB once but I must remark that the service on that flight consisted of a food/bev cart being taken down that single aisle once, then the crew hung out in the galley. Perhaps that sought of day at the office is worth less pay and conditions?

Furthermore, if you believe that the role of cabin crew is " basic customer service with a safety focus" then I would be very worried as a passenger on your flight. I question where your priorities are. At Qantas, crew see safety and emergency procedure proficiency as their number one priority - I reckon most QF crew would see their job in the cabin as being a safety professional, with a customer service element that comes second.

So, Please don't generalise and call Qantas crew greedy and self focused.....oh and dinosaurs. I've been flying for nearly 8 years and my focus at work is to do all I can to make sure our CUSTOMERS have a great time with us, and get off with a fond opinion of our national carrier. I'm no dinosaur and I've always got a happy face And in return we want our company to appreciate our efforts and maintain our conditions. A fair days pay for a fair days work I say.