Thread: Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2006, 22:11
pinklemonae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ShesGreatintheGalley
firstly:

Secondly:
Pinklemonae and Fingers Crossed, i understand that you may see current FAs 'swanning' into interviews... and yeah its probably annoying - there are always people in every industry that love themselves so much that they think they are the greatest gift to any employer.
However, having said that, this industry has such a high turnover rate with young crew, and there are always people applying who really have no clue about what the 'lifestyle' entails that having flying experience behind you does count for alot... and potential recruiters know it. If you have flown before, you probably have a foot and a bit in the door more than someone who hasnt - ESPECIALLY if you used to work for the same airline in the past as a recruiter (ie Ex Ansett for example) This industry is very much like a big 'family' - crew all around the world, regardless of the airlines they work for are seen as a kind of extended family. We look after them on flights, they look after us. Of course if you are interviewing someone and they used to fly you are going to look on them favourably.. for many reasons, and a big one is that at least they are fully aware of what the job entails and are less li kely to 'drop out'. simple as that.
There is nothing worse than being mis quoted!

I never stated that ex CC will 'swan' into interviews. I just highlighted the fact that ex I found it interesting that ex CC are very surprised when they do not land a job. Given they have experience. Please read my post properly before becoming defensive.

This thread is turning into a cat fight. The claws are out. There appears to be very little willingness or ability for a deeper analysis on the situation.

No one seems to understand that there are advantages to hiring candidates with no experience.

That is fair enough. Some people have trouble with lateral thought.

Because of this I am not participating any further with this topic.

Thank you.