PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal reports on BA 747 3 engine LAX-MAN flight
Old 30th Sep 2006, 19:43
jondc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
danny:

early on in this discussion I indicated I had not flown 747 of any type, that is on record on this site. I also indicted I had flown another 4 engine piece of equipment so I had an idea about the requirments for landing vs. a 2 engine plane.

My opinions are my own and don't represent CNN, ALPA, or anyone else.

Danny, you seem to think that I am using any appearances ON CNN as something which should inflate my position on this forum. That is not the intent, it is a statement which might influence how someone replies on the forum to a question that I ask. YOU HAVE A DISCLAIMER on this forum warning about media types who might use what is posted.

MY MENTION OF CNN and my appearances on it were a statement of courtesy, like a lawyer, or constable might make before someone incriminates themself.

I think you have taken it the wrong way. Will you at least consider the possibility?

To the poster who would rather fly on a 747-400 than a twin jet over the ocean , I agree with you, so would I.

My comment on voting is if BA continues to fly from LAX to England after losing one engine.

To overstress, USA=good , UK = not good, is simply not the way I feel. Elsewhere on this forum I have praised the 2 UK built planes that I flew, the contribution of people from the UK of such things as RADAR and the gas turbine engine.

I also praised the "few" who saved the world from the Nazis.

I still stand by my opinion as a NON 747 pilot that flying from LAX to England in this situation was wrong.

to the poster who indicted that all BA pilots might not have continued, thank you. my intent was not to chastise the pilots, but a system or company that might encourage the $ or Pound as a higher priority than others.

Rule Brittania, God Bless America, and will George W. Bush please leave the White house as soon as possible!?