PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor security, a danger to us all!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 00:10
Red Minx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
David - I agree totelly with what you say. You can remove as much sharp equipment as you like ut at the end of the day, a pair of hands may be all that is needed. And yes you are correct in your observation that yes - at least we're doing something.
The main thing I have noticed is our improved security checks. Every single person thoroughly checks every nook and crany when cleaners etc have disembarked where as I know for a fact some crew were previously a little slap dash in this area. We relied too much on the security people who came on to check the LHR/LGW outbound A/C and were only expected to check our planes inbound from outstations. We are now even checking lifejacket stowages and the pouches that contain them and anything remotely 'not right' is removed and replaced. I'm sure you can imagine how long this takes on a 747 but I for one am only to glad to comply. It's our lives up there - not the security people and everyone has a duty to not only look out for colleagues but look after number one.