PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - request info on TAMAIR
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2006, 09:36
captk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tamair that brings back memories! I did my cpl with Tamair in the mid 70's with Jan Newby (who was CFI) and Mike O'brien. I think Jan Newby came on as CFI after Ken Trotter. After completing my cpl they gave me part time work flying paper runs and a bit of charter work which seemed to be the norm with their newly fledged cpl's. A great start to a career.
I think at that stage the company was owned by John Roworth and Jim Parker or Packer. (My memory is a bit foggy on those names). It was a good little company back than with a very friendly atmosphere and the machines were very well maintained. From memory they had a couple of C150's, couple of C206's and C210's, a PA28, a C310 and a Twin comanchee. Someone mentioned VH-EGG on another thread in this forum and it was one of their C206's when I was there. Also seem to remember a Piper arrow and C182 but not sure if they were there aircraft or just on line with their fleet.
Anyway I didn't hang around for too long after getting my cpl and went on to bigger and better things in the rotary wing world so lost track of their growth after that!
Hope this helps to fill in some of the gaps in Tamair's history!