PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AusFIC - Could THIS be the beginning of the demise of???
Old 30th Sep 2006, 03:16
peuce

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ****su_Tonka
So forgive many of us for being a bit cynical when we see yet another scheme to make more money for the government by reducing service to the industry. Let me tell you right now - Sectors do not have time to provide a Flightwatch function.
Always ask yourself the question when a proposal comes along like this - Who proposed it and why?
****su ... if you don't take your head out of the sand soon, I think you'll be in for a very rude shock. I also think the days of ATC being bullet proof are long gone. It's happening all around you, but you guys are oblivious to it. The fact is ... there's staff being sacked every day and you lot are going to be left doing all the work.

I remember one of your collegues on these boards some months ago was, let's say, somewhat less than sympathetic about non-ATC staff being shown the door. Well, the chickens are coming home to roost. If you don't like it, you better act fast!

As to where did the proposal come from ? try, ex-ATC Managers who believe that AUSFIC do nothing and that we would all be better off without them ... a bit like 1991/92!!