PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air
Thread: Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2006, 23:12
Engine Noise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nigerian Aviation sector, akin to other sectors in Nigeria, is a dynamic sector. Just recently, VK was the toast of all times.Once upon a time also,it was ADC and Bellview. Now it is Arik.
Progress has been made which is quite impressive. But recent events that have now shown Arik becoming Government's new bride is a serious source of concern. What is required at this period of so called changes and reforms in Nigeria is FAIR PLAY for all and this also applies to all sectors.By next year, after the polls, another airline will come, and arik will be dumped too. Arik should take a wise approach by distancing itself from the Government. Already rumours are flying around that a Governor from one of the Oil states is the man behind ARIK.
The case of Albarka air should also serve as a reminder to us!
Pundits are already bidding farewell to Chanchangi and some few airlines. I think they are wrong. Chanchangi has been very consistent and has had a nearly accident-free record.It is on record that some of the pilots from chanchangi are now flying for VK infact.
i rest my case .