PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Battersea **!!&***!!!
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2006, 13:59
Glenn Curtis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battersea

Whilst I can see the situation that Battersea finds itself in and (as an Operator) we have acceped that they probably do not have a lot of choice but to increase the fees in an attempt to limit movements. Based on the information that they have given, two things concern me.

1). We have 2 Battersea movements booked next week for a very simple Charter Flight, these were booked some three weeks ago, the quote was given to the client, the client paid in advance. Battersea has given us 3 days notice of the increase, we phoned and asked if they would honour the booking at the old price as this was a firm quote booked and paid for, we were told point blank NO. Basically the attitude is take it leave it we dont care.

2). Again I understand the reason behind this move, but what has not been said is when the annual quota runs From & To, I presume from the wording of the notice it is Jan 1st to Dec 31st. My Question: Will the fees go back down to the previous level when the New Year starts or are they now here to stay.

Whatever the case we are stuck with this as Weston Aviation have us by the Go-Nads, but I do feel that they are being very inconsiderate to the Helicopter Industry in general by not at least honouring bookings already made.

All that said I do have to say that I have always found both the Staff and Management at Battersea very helpful and understanding and it is a shame that this action could cause so much bad feeling, had they honoured our movemets for next week at the Booked Price then I would not have had a problem with this but basically they have just taken £160.00 off my Charter, thats the profit gone if not more and with no leeway whatsoever.