PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Uniform - What do you think?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2006, 13:27
Windbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard from a pongo that they are thinking of bringing back barrack dress due to CS95 wearing out too quickly in the orofice environment, now there's an invitation to a fancy dress competition, just how many different combinations of trouser/shirt/tie/jumper/socks.shoes/hat/sundry acoutrements does the army have?? I remember working with a chap from the Kings at Cranditz, he wore green trousers and a royal blue shirt (very similar to techy blue shirt)!! Then another chap from RTR used to wander around with a bit of twig, no doubt for bashing the front of tanks to make them work!!
I think the term uniform leaves much to be desired, especially with the new shiny blue shellsuit trousers that are being issued. Why can't we get kit issued that:
a. Lasts more than 6 months (cf CS95 & shiny blue trousers, 6 months before your tackle starts to poke thro the material!!
b. Looks 'professional'.
c. Is comfortable to wear.

Obviously the brains down at DCTA IPT have their fingers well and truly on the pulse, at least we've now got ops pants that you can wear for weeks without being found by Jerry going sausage-side!!

Windy