PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you know if someone's been upgraded? Do you....
Old 12th Dec 2001, 21:39
allianceair

Delta airlines were introducing their new routes from JFK to Tokyo so the fare was $399us roundtrip. I jumped at the opportunity and went on the trip. Coming back I was suprisingly upgraded to Business Elite. I did not know why but I guess it was because the flight was full in economy and I was a frequent flyer with Delta. The service was the best I have ever experienced in my life. They treated me very special and called me by my name. I could never afford to fly business nor first class, but it was a memorable experience of a life time. I felt undeserving to be there so I just remained quiet and made no waves whatsoever. I did not even mess with any of the gadgets in the chair. It is always good to see how the upper half lives.

Recently I was also upgraded from BKK to Seoul on Korean Air from Economy to Morning Calm Class. That was also a welcome suprise, I was told I was being upgraded because I was a Silver Medallion frequent flyer with Sky Team. I had initially told the ticket agent that I wanted a seat all the way in the back, seat 62A on the 747 where it turns from 3 rows to 2 rows. I like the extra room by the window created by the curvature of the aircraft. He told me that I was going to get a bigger seat in Morning Calm, I made no agrument whatsoever. It is always great to go in with low expectations and get things that brighten your day.