PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you know if someone's been upgraded? Do you....
Old 4th Dec 2001, 02:38
Julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that there is absolutely no need to be rude to FAs, in fact just chatting to them seems to keep the drink coming and get looked after very well if you make the effort with them. never had to ring the bell but.....

What is all this on this thread about dont go asking them for anything? I have a couple of friends who are FAs generally flying to either Florida, LA or cancun and once they get there they get several days R&R, not bad for a 12-14 hours work on the way over. I met one friendly Fa on the flight over to LAX and a week later she was just returning, so we ended up chatting again. 18 hours aren't uncommon in what I do and still have to go in next day, its what we are allpaid for at the end of the day. If you have to ring the bell, ring it - its what it is there for if there is no-one around or there is an urgent situation as someone said earlier.

As for rude PAX, well all power to the FAs - they should boot them out the read of the plane in mid-flight!