PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you know if someone's been upgraded? Do you....
Old 2nd Dec 2001, 22:20
PsychoDad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Years ago I was travelling with BA to BKK. Was seated way down in the back, and in the middle, of a full 744. But I was happy none the less, as I had paid next to nothing for the flight. Anyway, somewhere over the middle east I am bored, very bored. Decide to take a walk and ends up in a galley and have a chat with the FA's. It's soon obvious that I'm ID, so a kind FA asks whether I'd be interested in a cockpit visit. Anything to break the monotony, so I happily took the offer. Up front two very nice chaps offers a fresh PPL with stories of the 744 and all the FA's they get to dunk down route. Anyway, captain asks how I find the seat, and I honestly reply "cramped". He then pulls some paperwork, and subsequently raises an FA over the phone. Minutes later I'm seated in J on the upperdeck "and anytime you feel like it, ask the FA if you can pop in for a visit".

Jolly nice chaps the lot of them. Received excellent service throughout, and did have a distinct feeling the FA was seeing just how much alcohol a Scandihoovian could absorb. Never have I left an aircraft quite so p1ssed, and hitting the 40C and 110% humidity of BKK did not help at all !