PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal reports on BA 747 3 engine LAX-MAN flight
Old 29th Sep 2006, 00:15
jondc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
carnage

I would be quite happy if you select IGNORE concerning my posts. I will not ignore yours. It is good to have the other side of the argument to compare and contrast in order to understand.

And you, cargo boy and the rest are defending the choice as well as Condi Rice defends the invasion of Iraq.

I understand the technical basis for the crew's choice. I quote the WSJ article as it is the basis for this thread.

From your post, I shall assume that if this happens again in US Airspace, a BA 747-400 will continue on.

And then the press will get a hold of it and NOT just CNN.

They will explain the technical aspects of the choice to continue. That indeed regulations were not broken . It will sound like a Philadelphia lawyer.

And then the traveling public will scratch their collective head and decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong. They will vote in their unique way.

And I hope every 747 pilot in the world reads this post and adds this to the equation of decision making.

Happy Landings,

jon