PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wall Street Journal reports on BA 747 3 engine LAX-MAN flight
Old 28th Sep 2006, 22:18
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...I never said it HAD to land at the nearest airport... I did say it should have.
The QRH doesn't say that the aircraft HAS to land at the nearest suitable airport but jondc9, great orator to the masses on matters aviation, said it SHOULD have. Well, there we go. Perhaps Boeing will get you to write the manuals for them as you appear to do what you want when flying without consideration to the certification process of an aircraft.

The point being made here, obviously to no avail, is that the crew on that aircraft did nothing wrong. They broke no rules and made decisions based on safe conduct of the flight at all stages. Please spare us all from further pontification. Your rush to judgement is apparent in all the threads you participate in. That plus the incessant reminders that you are gods gift to instant news in all matters aviation makes one want to reach for the barf bag.

Feel free to pontificate to the general public all you like but here you are taking part on a professional pilots website. With your style and lack of substance, your credibility is shot and all you manage to do is infuriate those of us who do have enough understanding of matters aviation to see through your feeble attempts to balance on top of yet another pedestal even more precariously perched on top of the one you came in with in the first place.