PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Tips for the first Interview
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2006, 21:01
Stereolab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R2000/1830
I just passed the first interview and am on my way to number 2, here is what I learned from number 1. I hope this helps people.
1.HTBJ, read it and know it.
2.Get the online notes that every one talks about but beware of the mistakes in them.
3. Don't use ACE the technical interview book as it has lots of errors. Use Interview questions explained by Capt ABC.
4. For the HR questions always stay positive about where you are, where you have been and where you are going.
5. Write all the interview questions on cards and have friends and family ask you them until you ace every question.
6. Read the CX webpage daily.
If anyone has a list for the 2nd interview please post one.
Here's my take on it...(passed 1st phase DEFO)
1. HTBJ was important...but the hotmail files covers a lot of the important points from the book.
2. Online notes...the hotmail files are the best resource.
3. ACE the technical interview is not that bad...I found it to be useful in explaining several important facts...just back it up with the hotmail files when in doubt.
4. For HR questions, XYZ book was very helpful.
5. Note cards also helped me out tremendously...
6. For CX info, their website was very helpful...except for fleet info....use pprune.
7. Don't bother looking at any sample interview gouges...they will mix it up, so be ready to answer info on all topics. Study, study, STUDY!!!

ABC book would have been nice to have. I focused on the hotmail files...it covers almost everything known to man about aviation...study those for 6 weeks and your good to go....