PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meteor Accident Statistics
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2006, 17:31
cymruflier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEF Meteor Seven

Have found this in my notes. Meteor 452, 30 mins jet experience. Remember every minute of the flight 'though I can't remember the field (suspect Yorkshire somewhere).

Remember seeing many A/C around and about spinning and C and Bumping.

Also remember the pre flight briefing which didn't bother me a bit but then it was 03/08/62 and I was - to the day - seventeen. (On another page I have just found that it was Strubby).

Being handed the controls I thought that I was doing a good job flying S & L 'till I was asked to look at at the altimeter ( It did AVERAGE 10,000 feet but I will not disclose the standard deviation).

By then I already held a gliding license and many flights in Chipmunks, Varsitys and Valettas - all down to the UK taxpayer. As a consequence the only meaning of the word Grass to me is something you can land on

Fantastic birthday - not yet topped.

I might have walked out to that aircraft as a teenager but I walked back feeling like a man.

Whoever was in the front seat Salute.

My first flight - by the way - was in a DH Rapide at an open day on my Father's then station (Circa 1953) I suspect that it would have been Catfoss. So memory serves.