PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2006, 16:29
PompeySailor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ali Barber
On the plus side, there seems to be some kind of lottery built into JPA. Back in July I must have got 5 numbers because I got the overseas portion of my pay twice. But this month, I've got the bonus ball as well; JPA has inadvertantly overpaid me by almost £30,000.

I know of at least one other who has had the same prize and it seems that JPA doesn't know how to recover it. Add in some FFR changes and it's going to get very confusing. Any suggestions on what to do with this windfall while the RAF is locked out of JPA?
Hi interest savings account, locked in for 6 months. Tell them that they cannot recover it immediately, and you would like to see the proposals for recovery, and you are looking at 6 months. You also want to see the documentation and breakdowns of why the money was paid incorrectly, and how they come to the figure that they claim you have been paid. Tell them where you have put the money, and that it is safe. Tell them that you will be keeping the interest and donating it to a Service Charity. Tell them that if they decide to get arsey about it all, you will take the pay slip, their letters, and anything else to a solicitor and the press.

Watch them squirm.

Of course, legally you have no right to hang onto the money. Best bet in reality is to open an internet only bank account, slide the whole lot in there, and wait for them to contact you about repayments. They could take you to court for immediate repayment, but admitting that they stuffed up this badly would not look good - court is very, very public......