PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMB145 Pilot? Offered EJ TRSS? Said no? How many?
Old 28th Sep 2006, 15:57
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi KK - 'Years in the job' do count. They, alas, have to be the years in the 'right' job! There is a magic 'line in the sand' in terms of employer perception - it is probably drawn above the Emb145 and below a 737 or A320. I would not in any way attemp to justify that line, but it exists in all but name. What that means, in effect, is that to be considered for any job on the market the 'entry level' is a Boeing or an Airbus rating. Coming back to my original point, you need that rating - if companies like easyJet will give you it, then in the big scheme of life £23k is actually small beef. I have done the whole turboprop, 146 thing, and been frustrated at every step of the way, so I am very sympathetic. Nonetheless, I am a realist and now understand the airline business in a way I did not when I first started out. You need that rating - without it you are vulnerable. It is not rational, just or reasonable but that nonetheless is the way it is. Best of luck with the decision making.