PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Noise Cancelling Headphones
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2006, 10:11
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
This topic has been discussed in here a number of times and you may well find an archive thread.

Of the ones priced lower down the scale ... I bought a Sony set some six years ago and they still work OK. They were about GBP100 and are 'over ear'. They now make a smaller pair of 'in ear'. Bear in mind that if you see a photo advert of small 'in ear' it means that there will be a small box electronics that is then 'in line' between the jack plug and the ear phones. With the 'over ear' type, the elctronics are grouped around the phones, which means that they are heavier on the head.

I would advice personal inspection of the goods before purchase as they all (Sony, Panasonic, Bose) are not cheap. But they are worth it. I also use mine on trains and sometimes simply as noise-neutralisers, that is, I switch them on but do not play any music, just to dampen down surrounding noise. This works well if I am working on a project on the train and do not want music but do want to lower the background noise.

All the sets work with airline seat sockets. For those that have the double plug in the arm rest, there is an adapter included.