PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 28th Sep 2006, 06:24
Finals19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reasonable Number of Hours for getting work?

Rizter82...

I am currently in the same school of thought as you and am pondering my next career move.

I am of a slightly different category since I have around 1100hrs (750 multi, about 500 PIC / 300 MPIC) and am looking at converting my Canadian CPL MEIR to the JAA one.

My question is the same as yours more or less. And I am sure that your age would have an influence as well. I am nearing mid thirties and wonder if I would stand a decent chance of getting hired with the above time? If you are an early twenty something with your basic flight school time, I would say you stand as good a chance as anyone else.

Anybody know of a reputable source for gaining advice on the feasability of getting hired after converting with some experience already? I know there are people out there who act as consultants and give you a "summary" style report - kind of like a risk analysis on what you are about to do (all my time to date is piston, no turbine) ??