PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senior/Purser/CSM/ISM/ISD advice needed please!
Old 27th Sep 2006, 22:33
BecauseCIDSsays_so!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya!

I was an SCCM/In Charge with a low cost carrier in the UK and when I had my interview they went through a typical (4 sector) day and thre in problems to deal with such as crew member didn't arrive for brifeing on time, when they arrived at a/c they had dirty uniform and mudy shoes- how did I deal with it. Passenger complains about a crew member- how did I deal with it. Then 2 crew members started arguing about the pax who complained and who's fault it was. They said the Captain was pushing us to go into discretion before we left base, how did I deal with this, how did I motivate the crew throuhout the day and feedback to them at the end etc.

And then the usuals about excelletn customer service you have provided, how you have worked well in a team, a time the team broke down and how you resolved it.

I am about to start with a new airline as an Inflight Service Coordinator/Purser (not in charge as it's long haul so there is an IFM aswell) but I got asked about teamwork again and how I would manage a demanding service with all pax wanting diff things at diff times, how I would motivate the crew.

Hope that is a little help/insight, PM me if I can help any further!

Good luck and get well soon!

Tom x

PS Excuse typing, very tired!!!