PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Cost mentality!
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2006, 21:54
FFFrentit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Coins, I'm sure I met you once, before you got that management position at 1Time.

Every time I see my 1Time mates, the same topic of conversation comes up about their working conditions. They quote your words verbatim, when telling me what 1Time management's response is to their concerns.

1time plans its pilot headcount based on an average 825 flight hours a year. This standard has been achieved for the past two years.
How come the vast majority of 1Time pilots are doing 1000 hours a year. One or two of them must be really slacking off to get the average down!

Numerous posts to Pprune support the notion that 1time does not underpay its pilots.
Compare apples with apples. Remember that the 1Time guys get no medical aid, pension, loss of license insurance, thirteenth cheque, profit share, etc. Take these costs out of the salary and you'll probably find the 1Time pilot clearing the same as his Nationwide colleagues.

Two of the airline owners are pilots and accordingly have a deep respect for the important role played by pilots in ensuring the success of the airline.
Then how could these owner-pilots even give their blessing to the APU skipper being called in? And this is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. From what I've heard, most of the 1Time captains have had their turn to stand on the red carpet (often in front of one of the owner-pilots!) and explain why their silly safety motivated decisions have cost the company money.

C'mon Coins - the secret's out. 1Time's modus operandi is well known in SA aviation.

The only secret to success for 1Time is to spend a bit of money on its operation and to look after their people.

(Oh! - and maybe get those APUs fixed!)