PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low Cost mentality!
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2006, 20:41
orgasmotron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FFFrentit. Yes, I do have some inside info due to the fact that 2 good mates flies fo 1 Time and I fly as a passenger with them often. Me personally flies little as possible when other oaks sleeps. They both have flown in excess of 950 hours for the preceding 12 months. They are tired and fedup with empty management promises. Seems like Coins lost his calculator's batteries. They are often pressurised to reduce rest on minimum rest pairings by using Captain's discretion. If you are not prepared to, well, you get called in for being obstructive. Their roster never gets published on time with many changes (I know, just try getting them around for a braai!). 4 Legs with only 1 crew meal is the order of the day. Bottom line, does not matter what Coins says, they are still tired and have logbooks to prove it! Pilot's have been told on many an occasion to leave if they don't like it, well fair enough, that's what they are doing now. It should make managment happy if all the unhappy crew leaves. Deskjocky and FFFrentir, you are 100% on the spot with your comments. This industry is small and people talk and it seems like 1 Time is a Nationwide with better salaries ! Paying a market related salary does not entitle managment to use crew beyond safe limits. So by the way, the SA FDP schemes are outdated and by targeting FDP limits only guarantees fatigued, unsafe and demoralized crew. Many an airline can have a look at Comair's way of looking after their crew and staff. Happy staff and they still makes a profit, even with providing crew meals, descent uniforms, a roster, descent time off and without charging crew for the jumpseat! I really hopes 1 Time's management wakes up and smells the roses. It has great potential if being managed correctly, and after all, crew are a great and expensive asset and should be managed accordingly. Well managed crews are motivated crews that will save you millions! Even Richard Branson has figured that one out! Good luck to the oaks there.