PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nurse fury at Ryanair as woman dies on flight from Italy
Old 27th Sep 2006, 18:24
alibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 green; I can honestly say that I don't understand your point? What are you trying to say? Is "grimmrad" or "10second survey" doing the talking for you here, because you don't want to come out and say exactly what you want to say in fear of being accused of being just another RYR basher? If you want to say it, then say it! At least have a pair of bs.

The equipment was available. Why it wasn't used will come out in an investigation. Did the nurse ask for it after or before giving CPR? Did the crew think as CPR was already being given the nurse's didn't need the barrier? In a hospital ER, maybe a barrier would be provided automatically by act of procedure and CPR continued? Can you say the crew knew this? Who knows? Most people on here certainly do not know what happened as they were not there. That is for sure.

It is interesting to see you have read the final report into the investigation grimmrad. The crew should have supplied the equipment etc. Again, how do you know whether they did or not? If someone screwed up here without any human factor problems just by shear incompetence, something will have to be done no doubt.

10secondsurvey; RYR as far as I am aware carried nearly 35 million people last year. Do you not think different crews from RYR's many bases around Europe would have not dealt with emergencies?

Look further down the Rumours and News and you will see another RYR emergency that was dealt with professionally and without incident. I would say RYR have emergencies the same as any other operator and deal with them on the whole professionally and without incident. It doesn't make the news because it was handled in an expeditious and professional manor most probably.

Now getting to the fact that RYR have multi national crews. Can I ask is there a problem with this? Is the crew less able to deal with an emergency? I think there is a bit of bigotry concerned with this subject. If people have a problem with multi nationals then they should think long and hard and decide if the problem is with them or ourselves and our own possible racist sentiments?

The equipment should have been provided 3 green I have no difference in opinion to you on that point. I agree. All I am trying to say is pre-empting an investigation as to why the nurse didn't or couldn't use the barrier is wrong. There is alot of the mud slinging at Ryanair without knowning the facts which will come after the investigation and reports are written. Not by us now, guessing on a web forum.

Last edited by alibaba; 27th Sep 2006 at 18:52.