PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 160 knot thread
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2006, 17:59
Kattar Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dct no speed

quote: The controllers were all working their a of, to keep the base leg for 30 right from reaching the Omani Coast. Requiring a/c to slow down so the Director could turn them base leg +/- 12nm from touch down.Setting up the guys in the tower with just enough gap to land one ,depart one, then land one ect,ect.
The guys in 'The room with a view,' were all working hard, all night putting there a on the line with "tight ones", and the regular spacing was reduced from 20nm via Desdi and Bubin to 10nm to avoid sight seeing (aka flying around your own a ) This was all done for You, our valued customer. :

Just a point of order, surely this is your job?
Not trying to cause any hurt, but why, after we have been turning in circles at Desdi for up to 30 minutes, do we then get vectored all over the sky in the DXB CTA?

Friends of mine in UAE center says that they put all aircraft in 20 miles trail before handing over to DXB. Why then all the vectors? They also say that they watch something called a "snake" with some amazement. They said that surely straight in and downwind is the easiest way to get the fleet on the ground?
If everyone is 250kts and 20 miles between each other this would seem logical?
I look forward to your answer. I am not trying to cause trouble, just to understand.

thank you