PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nurse fury at Ryanair as woman dies on flight from Italy
Old 27th Sep 2006, 16:02
grimmrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well spoken

Originally Posted by Final 3 Greens
Alibaba & Blackmail

Please note that I am not bashing Ryanair, my point is made generally. The fact that the airline in question is Ryanair is irrelevant as far as I am concerned and your sensitivity to inferred criticism is your problem, not mine.

Allibaba, you said "I don't particularly think it is the airlines that are relying on the help of a medical professional", but if you look in the first post it says quite clearly that the aircraft commander appealed for assistance - absolutely the right thing to do, I think that we agree on that.

I have no idea why the kit was not given to the nurse and am not trying to judge the reasons why, nor do I dispute that the aircraft carried the supplies required.

Once again, my point is that if health professionals are asked to assist, they should be provided with the gloves and masks.

After all, they might be putting their own life on the line by not using this basic equipment.
Completely agree with you F3G. If the kit is on board and if there is an emergencey than the crew should be able to provide it. As far as I remember the nurse said that she did not get gloves, I don't recall demands for laryngoscobe, tube and respirator...
Certainly, if you are out in the woods and someone needs CPR you have to make your decision and usually do it. But on board of a plane that obviously has to be equipped by law with some minimal equipment (gloves, mask) you should not have to make that decision in the first place!