PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nurse fury at Ryanair as woman dies on flight from Italy
Old 27th Sep 2006, 15:18
alibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice 3 greens, I have done what you said.

The equipment was and is aboard the a/c. The reason why it wasn't used is unknown...... Unless you have the answer?

It could be a multiple of reasons why it wasn't used. Don't forget the Nurse's and Dr's involved with this situation would have had high adrenaline levels just as much as anyone else. A report will show the outcome of events and procedures followed. It is not always individuals that are at fault but could be procedures or other causal effects with human factors. It seems too many people on this website like to point a finger of blame at a person or company without evidence or just cause.

The procedures could have been wrong or Cabin Crew Fatigue could be an issue. 6 early 12 hr days in succession could be a reason? Who knows? Only a detailed report from the IAA, RYR, Coroner and or the Irish equivalent of the AAIB would show the factors involved and how the emergency was handled.

I don't particularly think it is the airlines that are relying on the help of a medical professional but the person who might be in this terrible situation.... It would be stupid and unprofessional not to ask for help from a medical professional in this situation and would also make the news if not asked and a DR was onboard who could have given assistance. After all it is the person's life that is at stake here. Not to ask for help from someone involved in this profession would be criminal in my mind in an event such as this.

The point I was trying to make about the equipment is referring to a barrier and latex gloves which are aboard the a/c. If the nurse or someone on the thread was referring to equipment that should clear the airway? Well that is not aboard and that is something people should take up with the relevant regulatory authorities. Not RYR. But as someone previously stated a Cabin Crew member sticking a plastic tube down someone’s neck is not something I would advice. Either in a legal context or that of safety issue.