PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many "no letters" before you received the "Yes Yes Yes Letter"?
Old 4th Mar 2002, 11:12
CheerBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

I lost count! I've been to JAL, EK, BA, UA, MI(Silkair, sister airline of SIA) and SIA over a span of 3 years.. .. .My first two years, I only attended MI and SIA's interviews. I was fresh out of school then and I didn't know that foreign airlines hire locals too until a girl I met at the interview told me that foreign airlines do place ads in the local papers.. .. .My first interview with a foreign airline was JAL. And I got in on my very first try! I was so . .excitied about it. Unfortunately, I failed their medical tests. Their medical checks were really tough. I went through several x-rays, a top-to-toe check, hearing tests and even had to do some mini exercises in the doc's clinic!. .. .I've always been in the pink of health and I failed due to some minor issue. I was told by the doc that the failure rate of the medical checks were really high. Usually JAL will send in 30-45 girls for each recruitment exercise and half of the girls don't pass the medical. The doc consider it good if there were only 10 failures out of 30girls. He said that JAL has got really strict medical requirements.. .. .Anyway I got over it, and went on with my witchhunt again. Defintely no luck with SIA and MI. I'm always just 1 step away from joining them for various reasons. And finally I got in SIA on my Nth try.(definitely more than 10times). I was so worried about failing the medical again. To my relief, I made it! You can guess what a happy woman I am..I feel so lucky to have finally landed the job of my dreams, I'm treasuring every moment of it.This coming June, it will be my 4th year flying with them.. .. .I say to everyone out there, Don't give up hope! Do carry on trying as long as you still do meet the airlines' requirements. A lot of my crewmates told me that they've tried more than once too. And a lot of them have tried over 10times too. . .. .Hang in there, alright?