PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nurse fury at Ryanair as woman dies on flight from Italy
Old 27th Sep 2006, 14:01
bia botal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On come on you lot, have a listen to the story through the mouths of the people that where there and you will hear that it was no the shortage of the masks and the gloves that they had a problem with it was the fact that there was no plastic tube to put in the airway and squeezable attachable airbag (i am sure there is a techie term, but anyway we have all seen them on shows like ER), none of which are required under IAA CAA or JAR for short flights such is operated by ryr and many others, no doubt the likes of topdog1 and others who fly on aircraft with more equipment are going oceanic.

There can be little doubt that if there was a requirement for that sort of gear on fr flights they would be there, there is no way they would leave them selfs open to that sort of legation, because as always they would lose.

There is no point in coming out with outrages comments about how much better some company may train there crews compared with others, i am sure the crew on that flight would have liked nothing better than to have save this women, the fact remains that even trained professionals couldn't due to lack of equipment... But,,, Had the right equipment been on board and no nurses etc..... are the crews legally entitled, trained or not, to insert a plastic tube down the throat of a unconscious person,, how on earth is anyone with out a medical degree meant to make that call. no doubt if it was done wrong then it could be the fundamental reason why the person may die..... think about that as you admirer your "full emergency equipment including a de-fib" first aid kit.

I am sure from time to time there will more events such as this one, but maybe of a different nature and someone will say, " well if they had of had this blah blah blah on board we could have saved them, shame on that airline".

rant over.....

oh by the way, i agree MOL is a , but hey we all knew that right...

more beer