PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever rethink your choosen career each time a plane goes down?
Old 14th Nov 2001, 17:39
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely not, Cloud Nine. I "am" a F/A, it is my job, the only thing I always wanted to do for a living. There is no reason for panic. Those tragic events have always happened, and I am not going to sleep on the floor because lots of people die in their bed!
There is always a risk in wathever you chose to do, and I am convinced I am more likely to die in a car crash in my way to the airport than in a plane crash.
Three years ago I got very ill, and went very close to dying. There was a moment in which I was so ill I realised I was probably going to die. That was an unvaluable experience. It left me with a taste for life I never experienced before. I just took life for granted. Now every moment , as Bluehair says,I appreciate the very fact of being alive and in the company of the ones I love. I also became more fatalist, and focused on the things that really matter to me, cutting away lots af time-wasting things and thoughts that seemed so important before (well, someone could call it growing into maturity...).
I don't think it is any use to allow panic and fear waste the things you really love and enjoy in life.

My thoughts go to all those who lost their loved ones

[ 14 November 2001: Message edited by: flyblue ]