PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever rethink your choosen career each time a plane goes down?
Old 14th Nov 2001, 17:00
euroboy

Nope!
Still enjoy the job.
After a number of years as cabin crew I went to another airline which after a year went bust. Thinking "Great, now to do something else, time to move on, now I`m mid 30`s". You know that line only going to do this for 2 years, yeh yeh
So after 11 years as crew off I go to do something else.
OK. I failed! 3 months later realised the mistake. By 4th month got to get out of this job.

By month 6 of the great time to do something else career path (failure) I`m back on an training course for cabin crew

Year and a half later

Yes things have changed in the last few months. Testing times. I look at this as, there is a reason for everything in this world. You just have to cling on and do your best. I agree things can get on top of you. But I have learnt that the only news you get to hear is bad news. Why? Coz thats what sells news, in the form of TV, papers, radio.
People would switch off to hearing good news.

Airlines come and go. History is littered with names that were either never heard of or household names.
After this has pasted, there will be new airlines poping up here and there, some will last others won`t.

Time is a great healer and the jobs as crew will become sort after.

[ 14 November 2001: Message edited by: euroboy ]