PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft crash, Cheshire, UK (Merged)
Old 27th Sep 2006, 12:19
maxdrypower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets hope a speedy recovery for the chap . In answer to tool and 540 I am led to believe that this accident happened at about 0940 in the morning it was certainly on the lunchtime news in Cheshire so I dont think it was actually dark but I may be wrong. The flight over dense forest bit is an unfortunate fact of life for Ga operating out of Liverpool . All arriving VFR traffic either arrive via Chester or Oulton Park . The latter means you have to fly over the forest and then the south bank of the mersey not above 1500' so your pretty much stuck with that one . The report stated he had been airborne for half an hour when he crashed into the forest , this , if true means he must have had a problem and turned back as the forest is less than five minutes flying time and ten minutes from take off , all will become clear Im sure .
It certainly looked like GJURE on the news footage I think they have been offering shares for that one in the flying schools recently.
One point out of dozens I think that is relevant here may very clothing . I used to be ridiculed by certain airline types at certain flying clubs around the country for wearing a nomex flying suit when in a pa38-28 after a friend was burned in an incident .This poor chap suffered burns as a result of this crash , would he have been so severely injured if he had nomex on , Robinson helicopters seem to think it relevant ,
Any thoughts????
Wishing the chap a very speedy recovery