PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nurse fury at Ryanair as woman dies on flight from Italy
Old 27th Sep 2006, 11:08
eidah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by woodpecker
No we don't have anything for migraine...
No you cant hold onto that paperback for take off, it must go in the overhead locker, your in an emergency exit row...
No I am not concerned that the eighty year old couple, her with an extension seat belt, who took twenty minutes to walk 100M to the aircraft , having been pre-boarded, are seated in an emergency exit row...
And there was not a ten year old grandson seated next to them on landing (Oh yes there was)...
I think my English is good and I don't think it would help for those of you who do not understand what I am saying if I slowed down a little...
You may in your airline brief all those seated in emergency exit rows prior to every departure, we would brief you about opening the exit only if we had an emergency...
I don't think that all pre departure PA,s should be safety related, lots of passengers are interested in scratch cards...

I, for one, am not impressed with Ryanairs Cabin Crew.
Obviously reading through you have no insight into aviaton the reason everything has to go up for take of and landing when you are at an emergency exit aisle is 1) you may be needed for an evacuation to assist the crew with the evacuation this is with most airlines, 2) anythng might fall into the path of the exit and it is then a trip/slip hazard and would end up been a useless exit.
A frail eighty year old women at the exit what good is she in an emergency if she can hardly mave how the do you expect her to open the door if the cabin crew became incapacitated on impact.
You dont given headache tablets for migarine. the reason because of the type of world we are in its the same in any proffesion you administer them drugs i.e only a tablet for a headache and they die becasue of a reaction the crew will be in court because they are not medically qualified they are just first aid trained.
The reason you are not briefed on how to open the door in an emergency its not an IAA requirement its juist a CAA requirement.
All these things you are complaining about are set by the IAA for your safety no other reason.
You can say what you like about Ryanir but I am sure they would never break the IAA's rules its not in there interest they would lose there operating license. Ryaniair will operate to the minmium requirement because thats all they have to do.