PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France Economy Long Haul
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2006, 10:16
Frankfurt_Cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last time i flew AF long haul MAN-CDG-NRT and back I thought it was superb. Granted, check in at MAN gave me my transfer details at CDG which turned out to be wrong gate at the wrong terminal, but if you're wary of the pitfalls of transitting through CDG then you're ready for that anyway. The big problem at Terminal 2 CDG is the complete lack of signage to the inter terminal transfer bus stops, they're tiny signs, with even tinier English translations that you really need to keep an eye out for. Once on board I feel the economy product is as good, if not better than most european carriers (I regularly fly VS and LH and it compares most favourably to them). Seatback screens, great food and drinks (you can have champagne on the first drinks round but you need to ask for it as they won't tell you it's available) and attentive, attractive cabin crew. On the longer long haul they do the open galley thing, which is very nice with sandwiches, ice cream available to help yourself along with drinks (and smelly pot noodles on the japan flights). All in all you're on a winner with AF.