PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When to give up
Thread: When to give up
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2006, 07:03
cessna l plate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just as an after thought, either take a look at the "spare seats" thread at the top of the page, or get to know pilots at your flying club who might take you up for half an hour, you might be surprised.

This will show you what is acheivable after the ppl, the types to fly and places to go. You never know, you might "get a go" from the right hand seat, and I have learnt more from some old pilots doing this than some instructors have taught me (See spotty 19 year old with 250 hours)

This will hopefully show you what is available post ppl, and might turn on the light at the end of the tunnell.

For me, I was having the money dilemma a couple of weeks ago, can I justify it sort of thing. So I decided to go on a nav exercise. I planned it, worked it all out and flew it. I got to see some fantastic scenery, went to a nice little airfield that I know, had a coffee and bacon sarnie with some friends I met there and then flew back again. I re-started my interest and I have now booked a week off work to finish my ppl next month. Try it, if there is no-one, ask the instructor if you can do a little nav ex to a nice little field nearby, and explain why. It might just give you the kick start you need, and whatever you do, good luck and happy landings!!!