PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nurse fury at Ryanair as woman dies on flight from Italy
Old 26th Sep 2006, 23:57
grimmrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Not quite

Originally Posted by Farty Flaps
From memory I believe that ryr use std boeing first aid kits.Little inadequate kits that look like they were bought at woolies , tacky standard of equipment. They are a joke. This woman would have stood a better chance on a UK registered carrier with Doctors kits and extensive first aid kits theraputic oxygen and defibs, ie something for everything. This is the IAA's fault not ryr. They let them carry these mickey mouse kits and dont legislate for better equipment.Quite frankly their First aid training is a joke as well. But again the fault of the regulator for letting them do it.
Surely the sham of dublin being their head office should be addressed and the CAA make legal moves to change the situation.
Even though the kits might be a joke (I only had to use the pretty good kit of a transatlantic BA 767 or 777, don't remember; never saw Ryan Air's) unfortunately her outcome would not be much different if she really had brain hemorrhage as stated above. The only intervention that could have saved her would have been a craniectomy to relief increased intracranial pressure and further invasive therapy (clipping, coiling, operation for AVM or berry aneurysm as the main dd). Only quick invasive intervention would have helped - and I think a craniectomy set is not included on any set...
Sad story indeed.

Last edited by grimmrad; 27th Sep 2006 at 00:25.