PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nurse fury at Ryanair as woman dies on flight from Italy
Old 26th Sep 2006, 22:03
Topcover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My understanding of the issues from listening to the radio interviews today is that the main issue was O'Leary's attitude to the nurses on board the aircraft. He maintained that the item of equipment that they especially had an issue with, the resuscitation bag was supplied in the first aid box. The nurses say that it wasn’t. According to what I heard on the programme, this item is required by the IAA.

Who would I believe....the nurses.

According to an Aer Lingus engineer on the radio programme today. Not only do all their flights carry first aid boxes but also a fully equipped doctors bag.

I think that O'Leary's image and creditability have been badly damaged by the way he has dealt with this issue and his appearance on the "Primetime" programme about flight crew fatigue. His last comment on that programme, about the union rep.being a "failed pilot" especially comes to mind.

I certainly wouldn't trust anything that the man says. When travelling I would pay that little bit extra to avoid flying Ryanair.I know many people who can afford to do so, will do that as well.

I think that it's time for O'Leary to go, think of how profitable the airline could be with a slight change of attitude towards its customer service and someone at the top with a better attitude.