PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nurse fury at Ryanair as woman dies on flight from Italy
Old 26th Sep 2006, 21:09
Carmoisine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle, You have a long history(to my short memory) of posting comments about Ryanair and their service, culture, dislike for the CEO and also how much you enjoy your business class trips in other threads. Your not the only one on here thats for sure! This is I am sure down to a previous negative experience with FR. Thats all fair enough, thats your right. I work for FR as a pilot, and they are a damn lousy employer. I am not interested in defending them one bit. I certainly even hate some of our top brass, but I do hate crap talk, and I believe crap talk is what you are doing.

This is not specifically about Ryanair though, is it? It happened to occur on a Ryanair flight. If you actually listen to what was said by the doctor who was actually on board, unlike you,me and the tabloid journalists. He said that the EMT in CRL said the same was true of all other airlines in Europe, with the few exceptions of the likes of BA who choose to have a higher standard of equipment on board. Thats the fault of the regulators/JAA/EASA. Take your pick. If there is a minimum standard, airlines will follow it. If the minimum standard needs to be raised, then raise it. The airlines do not have enough depth in medical knowledge and yes, god forbid they are driven by profit, the regulators need to make those decision.

Where do we stop with the emergency equipment? Defibilators. Ok so we change the rules. Bang. Done. Whats next? Shall we carry a doctor on board? A whole operating theatre? In fact why don't we do away with all the passangers altogether, we will never have any medical emergencies then!

So what do you specifically recoment Beagle? I am genuinely interested to know as an industry professional. Or where you just here to make yourself feel better, by getting a dig in, about a bad flight you had with Ryanair?