PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 26th Sep 2006, 18:26
Always a Sapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Grifo
Finally got a reply from the Beeb relating to my and many others complaint about their "shoot from the hip" reporting in the early period after the crash.
Here it is exactly as I received it :-
Thank you for your email.
We can't agree that, as a story breaks, coverage should be limited to what is officially announced by the Ministry of Defence. However, the last thing we would want to do is to distress the families of our Armed Forces, to whom the nation owes so much. That is why we take great care in our reporting of casualties.....

..............n which are often, on the web, directly accessible to our viewers and listeners. The issues you raise are the subject of constant debate and discussion within the BBC and we will continue to weigh very carefully how we report British casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Thank you, once more, for taking the time to contact the BBC with your feedback.
Regards
BBC Information

Mmm funny enough exactly the same as the one I recieved in my mail box today.... Must be the party line no doubt cleared by nue ......