PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky X2 coaxial heli developments.
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2006, 17:53
Graviman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Returning to the subject of the X2..

Fight's On!
The thought of Nick bearing down in a Snake is enough to make me quake in my boots! That and the poor engineer who tried to defect to Eurocopter, being disuaded by a minigun...

Seriously, I have a great respect for Nick's authority on Helos. I genuinely consider myself priviledged that a pilot of his standing not only considers my postings, but will willingly share his design and piloting experience with us heli industry wannabes.

Hip Hip...Hoorah!

On with the thread: I can see how 15% effective hinge offset would allow near stall maneuvering without producing unwanted blade oscillations. The 4 blade rotors of the X2 should also reduce vibrations over S69 3 blade rotors. I guess a lot was learnt on Comanche which will benefit X2.

How much of the Comanche FBW has been reincarnated for X2? I imagine the Schweizer 333 test flights were more systems integration development than a major hardware redesign.

Mart

Last edited by Graviman; 28th Sep 2006 at 17:26. Reason: Realised that 4 blade balances hub lead-lag forces (but not shaft torque).